Cardiovascular disease and testosterone therapy: Dangerous or protective?
- Jones TH, Kelly DM. Randomized controlled trials - mechanistic studies of testosterone and the cardiovascular system. Asian J Androl. 2018 Mar-Apr;20(2):120-130. Return to content
- Malkin CJ, Pugh PJ, Morris PD, Asif S, Jones TH, Channer KS. Low serum testosterone and increased mortality in men with coronary heart disease. Heart. 2010 Nov;96(22):1821-5. Return to content
- English KM, Steeds RP, Jones TH, Diver MJ, Channer KS. Low-dose transdermal testosterone therapy improves angina threshold in men with chronic stable angina: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Circulation. 2000 Oct 17;102(16):1906-11. Return to content
- Webb CM, McNeill JG, Hayward CS, et al. Effects of testosterone on coronary vasomotor regulation in men with coronary heart disease. Circulation. 1999;100:1690 –1696. Return to content
- Malkin CJ, Pugh PJ, West JN, van Beek EJ, Jones TH, Channer KS. Testosterone therapy in men with moderate severity heart failure: a double-blind randomized placebo controlled trial. Eur Heart J. 2006 Jan;27(1):57-64. Return to content
- Sharma R, Oni OA, Gupta K, Sharma M, Sharma R, Singh V, Parashara D, Kamalakar S, Dawn B, Chen G, Ambrose JA, Barua RS. Normalization of Testosterone Levels After Testosterone Replacement Therapy Is Associated With Decreased Incidence of Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017 May 9;6(5). Return to content