Can testosterone treatment reverse diabetes?
- Dhindsa S, Ghanim H, Batra M, et al. Insulin Resistance and Inflammation in Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism and Their Reduction After Testosterone Replacement in Men With Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. Jan 2016;39(1):82-91. Return to content
- Ghanim H, Dhindsa S, Batra M, et al. Testosterone Increases the Expression and Phosphorylation of AMP Kinase α in Men With Hypogonadism and Type 2 Diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Apr 1 2020;105(4):1169-75. Return to content
- Groti K, Zuran I, Antonic B, Forsnaric L, Pfeifer M. The impact of testosterone replacement therapy on glycemic control, vascular function, and components of the metabolic syndrome in obese hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes. The aging male : the official journal of the International Society for the Study of the Aging Male. Sep 2018;21(3):158-169. Return to content
- Dhindsa S, Ghanim H, Batra M, Dandona P. Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism in Men With Diabesity. Diabetes Care. Jul 2018;41(7):1516-1525. Return to content
- Yassin A, Haider A, Haider KS, et al. Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism Prevents Progression From Prediabetes to Type 2 Diabetes: Eight-Year Data From a Registry Study. Diabetes Care. Jun 2019;6(42):1104-1111. Return to content
- Haider KS, Haider A, Saad F, et al. Remission of type 2 diabetes following long-term treatment with injectable testosterone undecanoate in patients with hypogonadism and type 2 diabetes: 11-year data from a real-world registry study. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism. Nov 2020;22(11):2055-2068. Return to content