How to diagnose hypogonadism in men?
The benefits of testosterone replacement
The benefits of testosterone replacement on sexual function, fat and lean body mass and bone density in men with low testosterone are clear. The potential benefits of testosterone replacement in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes are still being investigated.
- Controls sexual function (sex drive, erectile function, orgasm)
- Reduces lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)
- Increases muscle mass
- Increases strength
- Decreases overall body fat mass
- Decreases belly (visceral) fat mass
- Increases bone mineral density
Health and well-being – quality of life
- Bhasin S, Cunningham GR, Hayes FJ, et al. Testosterone therapy in adult men with androgen deficiency syndromes: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91(6): 1995-2010. Return to content
- Wang, C., E. Nieschlag, R. Swerdloff, et al. Investigation, treatment and monitoring of late-onset hypogonadism in males: ISA, ISSAM, EAU, EAA and ASA recommendations. Eur J Endocrinol 2008, 159(5): 507-514. Return to content