Testosterone deficiency symptom checker
The Androgen Deficiency in the Aging Male (ADAM) questionnaire is a fast way to find out if you have symptoms or signs that may be related to low testosterone.1 Simply select which of the listed symptoms and/or signs below that you have been experiencing, and then click the 'submit' button to view your results.
If your results show that you have symptoms and/or signs of low testosterone, you should have your testosterone level checked, which is done by a simple blood test.2-8
Print out your results and show your doctor. A positive result on the ADAM questionnaire does not necessarily mean that you have testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism), which requires the presence of both symptoms and/or signs and a low testosterone level,2-8 but it provides a good starting point for a constructive dialogue with your doctor about what may be causing your symptoms/signs and what treatment options would be best for your situation.
- Morley JE, Charlton E, Patrick P, et al. Validation of a screening questionnaire for androgen deficiency in aging males. Metabolism. Sep 2000;49(9):1239-42. Return to content
- Salonia A, Bettocchi C, Carvalho J, et al. 2020 EAU Guidelines on Sexual and Reproductive Health. Return to content
- Morgentaler A, Traish A, Hackett G, Jones TH, Ramasamy R. Diagnosis and Treatment of Testosterone Deficiency: Updated Recommendations From the Lisbon 2018 International Consultation for Sexual Medicine. Sex Med Rev. Oct 2019;7(4):636-649. Return to content
- Mulhall JP, Trost LW, Brannigan RE, et al. Evaluation and Management of Testosterone Deficiency: AUA Guideline. J Urol. Aug 2018;200(2):423-432. Return to content
- Hackett G, Kirby M, Edwards D, et al. British Society for Sexual Medicine Guidelines on Adult Testosterone Deficiency, With Statements for UK Practice. The journal of sexual medicine. Dec 2017;14(12):1504-1523. Return to content
- Dean JD, McMahon CG, Guay AT, et al. The International Society for Sexual Medicine's Process of Care for the Assessment and Management of Testosterone Deficiency in Adult Men. The journal of sexual medicine. Aug 2015;12(8):1660-86. Return to content
- Morales A, Bebb RA, Manjoo P, et al. Diagnosis and management of testosterone deficiency syndrome in men: clinical practice guideline. CMAJ. Dec 8 2015;187(18):1369-1377. Return to content
- Khera M, Adaikan G, Buvat J, et al. Diagnosis and Treatment of Testosterone Deficiency: Recommendations From the Fourth International Consultation for Sexual Medicine (ICSM 2015). The journal of sexual medicine. Dec 2016;13(12):1787-1804. Return to content